Welcome back, Kotaku readers. Here we go. Again. Yes, maybe I do have a case of the Mundays, in part because I didn't get to post about Phantasy Star Online 2 earlier today.
Boy do I have fond memories of playing PSO on the Dreamcast, commandeering my roommate's phone line in order to take my character Yumi online, only to have horny Dreamcast players try to hit on "her" as we hunted for loot. Good times, the kind I hope Sega can reclaim with the sequel—and something I won't have to pay a Hunter's License for. I'd also like a pony while I'm wishing for things that won't ever happen.
Anyway, we can talk about video games here. Or we can talk about other things. This is an open thread. All yours.
- 7% of Americans subscribe to Netflix - Video service "now has more subscribers than the largest cable TV operator in the U.S." Dang!
- Type like a Hollywood hacker - Needs sound, faster output and tons of windows, but yeah, pretty close.
- NY Mag's oral history of the Beastie Boys - You can stream the new album right here.
- DON-8r 'bot only moves when given donations - Clever interactive method for getting people to donate money.
- Google adds export to YouTube feature for Google Videos - After much complaining, soon to be offline Google Video will be better preserved.