Sony has not yet determined if the personal information or credit card numbers of users on the still-offline Playstation Network have been stolen, according to a Sony spokesman.
Sony Computer Entertainment is conducting "thorough investigation" into the outage, Satoshi Fukuoka, a spokesman for Sony Computer Entertainment in Tokyo, told PC World.
Sony Computer Entertainment of America spokesman Patrick Seybold reiterated Fukuoka's statement, confirming that Sony is still looking into whether credit card or other personal information were taken during the "external intrusion."
Both declined to provide more information about the intrusion that led the company to take the global Playstation Network down last week. The network remains down as of Monday morning.
In an update this morning, Seybold said there is no update or timeframe for getting the network back up yet.
"As we previously noted, this is a time intensive process and we're working to get them back online quickly," he wrote. "We'll keep you updated with information as it becomes available. We once again thank you for your patience."
Seybold said over the weekend that officials were working around the clock to rebuild the network.