Guys, I think we might just pull this off. We might actually make it through Judgment Day, because it seems that Skynet was never switched on and I haven't heard a single nuclear explosion all day. Whew!
Of course, there are still a few hours left in the day here on the west coast, but... *fingers crossed* I think the robot apocalypse may have been delayed.
I think we should all take the time to appreciate not being turned into skeletons in a flash, then blown apart by a blast wave with some off topic conversation. That's what this semi-nightly open thread on Kotaku is for. So, please, talk amongst yourselves. I'm going to go wash some dishes.
Here's a few things for you to entertain yourselves with too.
- Trailer for 30 Minutes Or Less - From Ruben Fleischer, director of Zombieland. Bad language, btw.
- Gawker traffic may be in the toilet - Or it may not be. Look, man, I just work here.
- Jeremy Renner takes over Bourne franchise - Damn, I kind of love Matt Damon in those Bourne movies. Inexplicably so.
- Early Thor reviews are looking... - Amazing? Kind of (pleasantly) surprised to see this rating so high.
- Maybe the greatest speech ever? - Or so I've been led to believe.