The Pokémon Company International is taking over shopping destinations across the U.S. to celebrate the impending release of Pokémon Black And White, with giveaways, free movie screenings, and people in uncomfortable costumes at every stop. Will they hit your mall?
Pokémon Black And White hit the Nintendo DS on March 6 in North America, potentially ushering in a new golden age of Pokémania with their distinct new 3D look and a slew of new pocket monsters to collect and share. Along with the new games comes a new animated film - Pokémon-Zoroark: Master of Illusions - with a new animated series and trading card game expansion on the way as well.
Needless to say, Pokémon fans are all excited, which is why they'll want to see if they can make it to one of the 14 malls The Pokémon Company International is invading beginning in February. Fans can expect mall-wide scavenger hunts, free screenings of the new movie, a special distribution of the Celebi Pokémon at participating GameStop stores, and folks dressed up as the three new staring Pokémon: Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott.
The new games will be on hand as well, along with a special store where fans can spend their parents money on Pokémon merchandise.
"The anticipation for Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version has been palpable, and we are eager to introduce these fantastic new games to America," said J.C. Smith, The Pokémon Company International's director of Marketing. "We cannot wait to hit the road and give Pokémon fans an up-close and personal look at an all-new world of Pokémon in a fun, totally immersive environment."
Only one question remains. Do you live near one of these malls?
February 5th and 6th:
• Seattle, WA (Westfield Southcenter, Seattle, WA)
• Cleveland, OH (Westfield SouthPark, Strongsville, OH)
February 12th and 13th:
• San Jose, CA (Westfield Oakridge, San Jose, CA)
• Memphis, TN (Wolfchase Galleria, Memphis, TN)
February 19th and 20th:
• Los Angeles, CA (Westfield Santa Anita, Arcadia, CA)
• Indianapolis, IN (Castleton Square, Indianapolis, IN)
February 26th and 27th:
• Denver, CO (Town Center at Aurora, Aurora, CO)
• Philadelphia, PA (Franklin Mills, Philadelphia, PA)
March 5th and 6th:
• Minneapolis, MN (Mall of America®, Bloomington, MN)
• *New York, NY (Westfield Garden State Plaza, Paramus, NJ)
*Friday and Saturday, March 4th and 5th
March 12th and 13th:
• Dallas, TX (Grapevine Mills, Grapevine, TX)
• Atlanta, GA (Discover Mills, Lawrenceville, GA)
March 19th and 20th:
• Phoenix, AZ (Arizona Mills, Tempe, AZ)
• Jacksonville, FL (Orange Park Mall, Orange Park, FL)