'Something Around Assassin's' Coming In 2011

The next Assassin's Creed is out on Tuesday. But people already want to know about the next one — will there be one in 2011? The official reply they're getting is a cagey one, of course.

"There will be something around Assassin's," Yves Guillemot, the CEO of Ubisoft, the company behind the Assassin's Creed series, said today when answering the 2011 question. "That's the only thing we can say."

Guillemot gave this answer to to investors during a financial briefing call today. The investors were hounding the CEO about the future of the Assassin's Creed series, which Ubisoft executives have said they would like to make annual. There was a two year gap between the first and second Assassin's Creeds but only one year between last year's AC2 and tomorrow's Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. On the call today, the Ubi execs reiterated their "ultimate goal" to make the series yearly.

Guillemot would not commit to there being an AC3 in 2011 when asked directly, instead dodging the topic with the answer given here.

Series fans know that if there's any year that is crucial in the Assassin's Creed lore its 2012, the date the world just might end. No word on how Ubisoft is planning the franchise for that year either, but, hey, at least they wouldn't have to worry about 2013?

Look for Kotaku's Assassin's Creed Brotherhood review on Tuesday.