No surprises here. Pokemon Black and White launched in Japan to record numbers, moving more than 2.5 million copies of the Nintendo DS game in its first week on the market. How did Halo: Reach and Front Mission Evolved fare?
Coming as something of a surprise to me, Front Mission Evolved won that battle. Though, considering the number of PlayStation 3s sold in Japan against the number of Xbox 360s, that's a feeling of surprise that quickly fades. The new action based Front Mission managed to move close to 60,000 copies in its first week on sale in Japan, putting it just a few million units shy of Nintendo's new Pokemon game. So close!
A slightly more abbreviated list of Media Create's sales figures follow, courtesy of 4Gamer.net.
01. Pokemon Black / White (DS) - 2,557,779 / NEW
02. Front Mission Evolved (PS3) - 51,084 / NEW
03. Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 5 (PSP) - 45,879 / NEW
04. Halo: Reach (Xbox 360) - 44,413 / NEW
05. Wii Party (Wii) - 356,547 / 997,025
06. MonHun Nikki: Poka Poka Ailu Mura (PSP) - 28,627 / 428,677
07. One Piece: Gigant Battle (DS) - 28,123 / 159.977
08. Blue Roses: Yousei to Aoi Hitomi no Senshitachi (PSP) - 9,846 / NEW
09. Taiko no Tatsujin DS: Dororon! Youkai Daikessen!! (DS) - 8,729 / 215,513
10. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) - 8,178 / 825,541
11. Front Mission Evolved (Xbox 360)
12. Ace Combat Joint Assault (PSP)
14. Trick x Logic: Season 2 (PSP)
15. Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (PSP)
16. Wii Fit Plus (Wii)
17. Egokoro Kyoushitsu DS (DS)
18. Tomodachi Collection (DS)
19. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3)
20. Mario Kart Wii (Wii)