F1 2010, the official game of the 2010 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™, races out today with all of this season's teams, drivers and circuits including the return of seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher.
F1 2010 immerses players in the glamour and exhilaration of the world's most exciting motor sport, from the paddock to the track. It's the first multi-format high-definition FORMULA ONE™ video game from Codemasters®, the developer and publisher of award-winning racing games, under its exclusive worldwide agreement with Formula One Administration Limited.
• All the cars, all the stars. Fully licensed, F1 2010 features all the drivers and teams contesting the 2010 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, including FORMULA 1 Drivers' World Champions Jenson Button, Lewis Hamilton, Fernando Alonso and Michael Schumacher.
• Every circuit, beautifully realized. Race wheel to wheel on all 19 of the 2010 tracks, each modeled with exceptional attention to detail and jaw-dropping visuals. The revitalized line-up features iconic circuits including Silverstone, Spa and Monaco and challenges players to race the return of the FORMULA 1 CANADIAN GRAND PRIX, take on Singapore's dramatic night race in high definition for the first time and debut ahead of the drivers on the all-new Korean circuit.
• Be the driver, live the life. There is more to being a Formula 1 driver than being the fastest person on track and F1 2010 is the first game to allow players to experience the exclusive world of FORMULA ONE like never before. From the paddock to the garage, everything is viewed from the driver's perspective as players are immersed in the building excitement and drama of a race weekend. Players will interact with rival drivers, team members, fans, and of course, the press, which all affect the way the gamer's career plays out. Use the media to spur the team on or to criticize the lack of car development and pressure rivals in the hope that they fold during the Championship run-in.
• The world's greatest cars, the most exciting racing. Building on the heritage of producing award-winning racing games for over a decade, Codemasters is uniquely placed to realize the spectacle and exhilaration of racing 200mph+ FORMULA ONE cars. F1 2010 embraces the broad range of FORMULA ONE fans, from casual gamer to hardcore simulation enthusiast, and delivers a range of difficulty levels and driving aids for players of all skill levels to experience the thrill of becoming a FORMULA ONE driver. Players can fully customize a huge range of vehicle variables to suit their style of driving and eke every last ounce of performance from their car, or leave the leg work to their race engineer and head straight out onto the track. F1 2010 also supports a comprehensive range of racing wheels for the ultimate racing experience.
• Fully dynamic weather. Affecting strategy, performance and delivering stunning visual effects, F1 2010 features the most advanced weather system in any racing game. Codemasters' ‘Active Track' technology means the grip in the wet or dry for each circuit's track surface is modeled down to just 30cm. Individual tire performance is accurately modeled depending on the amount of grip, rain or standing surface water there is at any given point. Players can adjust their driving style by searching out grip or take the line that allows water to cool their tires or adjust their strategy by making a pit stop to change tires.
• Unprecedented authenticity. Codemasters has used its unprecedented access to the world of FORMULA ONE to connect the development team directly with FORMULA ONE TEAMS and tire manufacturers. Extensive consultancy has taken place with a range of F1 professionals, including race engineers, mechanics and drivers. This real world experience is combined with F1 data, including CAD and on-board telemetry, to deliver a race experience complete with authentic handling, accurate circuits and precisely modeled racing cars. To ensure fans get the ultimate racing experience, former F1 driver Anthony Davidson was embedded into the Codemasters development team as Technical Consultant to advise on handling and performance.
• Build a career. Whether players wish to work their way up from the bottom, switching teams as they go, or build a dynasty with their chosen team, gamers can fully realize their aspirations in F1 2010's extensive and challenging career mode. Players compete with their closest rival, their teammate, to become the priority driver and shape the future development of the car by performing well in races and funding performance upgrades. Battles out on the track will develop into rivalries with drivers from other teams but keep it clean or the media will be waiting...
• Experience the drama of the pit. Codemasters has worked closely with FORMULA ONE teams to motion capture a fully manned pit crew, delivering a game play experience which is vibrant and full of pressure. The full pit lane, featuring each team in their various stages of strategy, becomes home to tense and exciting moments of drama as the drivers and crew work to return their car to the race as fast as possible.
• Full online multiplayer. F1 2010 includes extensive online multiplayer options allowing players to take on their friends and the rest of the world in a range of race modes.
• EGO powered F1. F1 2010 was developed on the EGO Game Technology platform, evolved from the award-winning EGO engine. Enabling Codemasters development talent to share tools and technology across Studios and Central Technology teams, the EGO Game Technology Platform empowers Codemasters game designers to realize their creative visions across multiple platforms featuring cutting edge graphics, powerful AI, advanced physics systems and integrated network play.
© 2009 The Codemasters Software Company Limited ("Codemasters"). All rights reserved. "Codemasters"® and the Codemasters logo are registered trademarks owned by Codemasters. An official product of the FIA Formula One World Championship.
The F1 FORMULA 1 logo, F1 logo, F1 FIA FORMULA 1 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP logo, FORMULA 1, FORMULA ONE, F1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trademarks of Formula One Licensing BV, a Formula One group company. Licensed by Formula One Administration Limited. All rights reserved.
All other copyrights or trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are being used under license. Unauthorized copying, adaptation, rental, lending, re-sale, arcade use, charging for use, broadcast, cable transmission, public performance, distribution or extraction of this product or any trademark or copyright work that forms part of this product is prohibited. PS3, Xbox 360 and PC games developed by Codemasters. Published by Codemasters.