Not too many jaw-dropping deals, as we seem to have cleared not only the Christmas sales period, but also the post-Christmas clearance window. But with the first big wave of new releases coming up, some new values can be found.
• Amazon's Xbox Elite 120GB plus $50 Gift Card deal for $293.99 ends today. Looks like the last, and best, 360 Elite + GC deal of the post-holiday retail merry-go-round ... for now. [Dealzon]
• This is the best second-guitar sale I've seen in a while: From Buy.com, $26.99 gets you a Rock Band Fender Stratocaster, which is always handy as a spare (or a new axe), and it gives you AC/DC Live Rock Band. It also gives you the craptacular Rock Revolution. But the point here is, new second guitar controller (and yes, it's wireless) and then the AC/DC tunes if you wanted an excuse for that. [TechDealDigger]
• Amazon finally caught up with old times and is stocking the Retrolink USB Nintendo (NES) Classic Controller for a Feb. 1 ship date. It's $7.99 and qualifies for free Super Saver or Prime shipping. Normally $30 shipped elsewhere, except on the rare occasion that GoGamer has it in stock for $16-$20. [Dealzon]
• Steam's weekend sale is the Company of Heroes series. Get Company of Heroes, or Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts for $4.99; Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor is $7.49. The whole shootin' match (literally) is $12.49. These discounts amount to 75 percent off. [Steam]
• If you're looking to buy BioShock 2 on the PC and can find three other friends, four copies of that game plus four free copies of the first BioShock can be had for $134.97 if you pre-order on Steam, making the per-person cost $33.74. If you can't find three other friends or don't want the hassle, you can buy a single copy of BioShock 2 for $44.99 (10 percent off) and still get the free BioShock. [Cheap Ass Gamer]
• Amazon started selling PlayStation Network access codes back in October but to this point it's mainly just offered convenience. Well, Friday they finally launched a decent little sale - 50 percent off five popular PS3 downloadable games ($3.49 to $7.49, were $6.99 to $14.99). The sale includes Braid, Critter Crunch, Burn Zombie Burn and a token PSP title, Kurulin Fusion. [Dealzon]
• For two new games launching on Tuesday, January 26 - Mass Effect 2 (360, PC) and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (Wii) - Amazon has the best price
($3 off lists $60/50/50, respectively) plus they're throwing in $10 credits for future game purchases if you pre-order through Monday. [Dealzon]
As always, smart gamers can find values any day of the week, so if you've run across a deal, share it with us in the comments.