It's a special hump day edition of Kotaku Off Topic, meaning we'll take some time to talk about things that aren't video game related. Hey, that's just like every other edition of Kotaku Off Topic!
What's on my mind is that lone beer that's currently chilling in my refrigerator. It's a Yards Brewing Company Philadelphia Pale Ale, part of a pack of local beers and microbrews that was shipped to my house in December. See, I got a beer "subscription" for Christmas, one of the more pleasantly perfect gifts I've been given. Another box of beer should be showing up shortly, one with a different batch of bottles. Very exciting.
I suppose if you're looking for a topic of conversation, maybe you should share with the group one of the better gifts you've been given. If not, here are some other developments from the day.
- 'Ghostbusters 3' Script Is In, Ivan Reitman Confirms He WILL Direct - It can't be worse than Ghostbusters II, right?
- The Big Picture - Earthquake In Haiti - Graphic images of yesterday's quake.
- Redesigning the boarding pass - Attempting to make the standard boarding pass easier to read, nicer to look at (while also mentioning that you own a Moleskine journal).
- Announcing Valleywag's Apple Tablet Scavenger Hunt: Win Up to $100,000! - "employees and families of Gawker Media are prohibited from winning any prizes awarded by Gawker Media" :(
- There Goes the Escalade...GM Jettisons Tiger - Can EA withstand the peer pressure?