Which classic consoles can be grabbed, 2-in-1, for the price of a good bottle of whiskey - without having to pay that ugly commission to a modder? Find out inside, it's Kotaku's Weekend Coupons!
• Retro gaming fans can pick up a twin NES/SNES combo console for $35 with free shipping through Buy.com. The machine comes in four different two-color combinations - which is eight colors!!! If you don't count the fact they used black twice. Sure, Nintendo's put a lot of its 8 and 16-bit goodness on the Virtual Console, but should you have any carts laying around, this will make use of them. [Dealzon]
• Remember, you technically don't have to buy Microsoft's overpriced wireless adapter for the 360. You can just buy a wireless receiver and plug into its ethernet. Of course, for aesthetic reasons, you're going to want about a 6-inch ethernet cord and I don't know if they sell those. But Newegg's offering the Linksys WGA600N Wireless-N Gaming Adapter for $71 with free shipping, which is $38 off its list price and a damn sight cheaper than what the 360's wireless goes for. It's also a great alternative should you have one of those PS3 Phats without Wi-Fi (I do.) [Dealzon]
• People put Microsoft points on sale so often I wish the banks would do the same with money. "Hey, want $50? Come on down and give us $40, we'll put a fresh U.S. Grant in your pocket." Until then, you can grab a 4,000 point card from our friends at Dell, for $39.99. Normally it's $49.99. [TechDealDigger]
• Walmart's twofer sales have expanded from its Wii offering into all other consoles - including the PS2, where you can get three for $20. Titles for current gen machines are two for $30. These are eligible titles only and, unfortunately, looking through them, they're not such great shakes. There are 23 eligible PS2 games, the Xbox 360 has 28; Wii 42, and PS3 has 22. [Dealzon]
• As said before,
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition Tales of Monkey Island: Episode One is free on International Talk Like a Pirate Day, which is today. For Sunday and Monday, The Secret of Monkey Island, Special Edition, is $4.99, or half off, through Steam. Update: Sorry that I blew this. [Steam]
• For the record, GameStop and GamersGate are both a fistful of meh. But GoGamer's usual 48-hour Madness sale offers 17 percent off on Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 and WET, both consoles. You can also save 16 percent off Resident Evil 5 and 30 percent off Need for Speed: Shift, on the PC. [GoGamer]
• Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (whose title to me suggests it is 49 percent of an Earth year) can pre-ordered for a buck less on Amazon - but ... you also get a $10 credit toward a future games purchase. Use code KINGDOM5. And since the game's not out til Sept. 29, the free or reduced-price two-day (or later) shipping is kind of a moot point. [Cheap Ass Gamer]
As always, smart gamers can find values any day of the week, so if you've run across a deal, share it with us in the comments.