Someone's doing a shoot in LA "for a commercial that will show all over the internet on game related sites," and their list of needs includes everything but the kitchen sink. Not that there's anything wrong with kitchen sink cosplay.
"Do you have a passion for acting AND gaming? Do you have a costume emulating your favorite video game hero?" the ad asks. Me, my answers were no, yes and no. But if yours are yes, yes and YES!!!! they'd love to have you, especially if you can play as one of 67 (really) character types.
Here's a sampling (all of this is sic'd):
5. Canadian Mountie
14. Killer Fish
15. Evil Russian
17. Princess (a la "Super Mario"...but ruined party girl feel to her....also "Fat Princess")
18. Hand & Forearm (FPS gag)
19. Contra Bros.
22. Laura Croft (with "white trash" inspiration thrown in there)
23. Protoype/Assasin's Creed guy with hoodie hiding his face
25. Indian guy from Mike Tyson's PUNCH OUT
28. Asteroid/Space Invaders
32. Pitfall/Indian Jones/Nathan Drake (Uncharted)
41. Russian Mafia/Leisure Suit Larry (sleeze-ball look)
47. Tetris piece
49. Little creepy girl (FEAR, BioShock, Silent Hill)
61. DDR/Singstar pop-people
66. Fairy tale inspired/Cooking Mama cuteness
Can I cosplay a hand and forearm? Let me think about that for a second. Pulling off cosplay as a vector-graphics asteroid would be a smidge difficult. I'm also guessing that's not one of the speaking roles. And Contra Bros., I don't know when that game is releasing, but here's $5, mark me down for a preorder.
Actor? Gamer? Both? Casting for a Commercial ((west LA)) [Craigslist via Superannuation]