I'm going to look past the top PC games of the past week, and focus on a quiet achiever that's doing well on both the Steam and Direct2Drive listings: Hearts of Iron III.
It's from a long line of dry, dry strategy games, as archaic and "old school" as PC gaming gets, and look at it. It's made it onto the Steam sales charts, and made it onto the Direct2Drive charts twice.
God I love PC gamers.
PC Digital Download Charts For The Week Ending August 8
1. Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War II
2. Aion Collector's Edition (presale)
3. Left 4 Dead
4. Hearts Of Iron III
5. Counter-Strike: Source
6. The Witcher: Enhanced Edition - Director's Cut
7. Red Faction: Guerrilla (presale)
8. TrackMania United Forever
9. Team Fortress 2
1. Champions Online (presale)
2. Fallout 3
3. The Sims 3
4. Hearts of Iron III with Sprite Packs Bundle
5. Best of Indie Bundle Vol. 1
6. Rise of Flight
7. Hearts Of Iron III
8. Aion (presale)
9. East India Company
10. Civilization 4: The Complete Edition