Times are tough. 2009's gaming lineup isn't as strong as 2007's, or 2008's. So people aren't buying as many consoles as they used to. But those that already have one, well, they're playing the crap out of them.
Researchers Nielsen have conducted their latest study on people's gaming habits, and have found that compared to this time last year, console usage is up a whopping 21%.
Also released were figures showing the percentage of "active" users; as in, those who are actually using their consoles. At the top of the list are the 360 and PS3, unsurprisingly, but take a look at the bottom of the chart. Way down at the bottom. Beneath the GameCube.
Yeah, that's the Wii, with only 6% of users actually playing the thing regularly. The other 94%? They're either using the Wii infrequently, or not using it at all.
Wii Has Fewest Percentage of Active Users, says Nielsen [Industrygamers]