THQ has issued a new patch for its Martian hit Red Faction: Guerrilla, fixing bugs, tweaking multiplayer modes and adding a new Wrecking Crew mode. Finally, a chance to wreck things!
That new Wrecking Crew "challenge mode" adds three rounds of distinct submode/weapon/backpack settings per level, also making Wrecking Crew available for single-player play. The update also unlocks a handful of levels in Wrecking Crew previously only available to pre-orderers. Oh, and so much more.
The official list of changes and additions follows.
- New Wrecking Crew mode: "Challenge Mode" introduces three rounds of distinct submode/weapon/backpack settings per level. Each participant plays through all three rounds in an attempt to get the highest score possible. All wrecking crew modes, including Challenge Mode, can now be played in single player.
- Wrecking Crew Leaderboards: Scores are automatically uploaded to leaderboards (1 per level) so you can compare how you're doing against your friends and the world. Leaderboards are only available for Challenge Mode.
- Bonus Wrecking Crew levels unlocked: The 4 pre-order bonus Wrecking Crew levels are now unlocked for everyone, delivering 10 additional levels.
- Weapon and Backpack disabling in Multiplayer: Custom matches now offer the ability to prevent specific backpacks or weapons from spawning in a level.
- XP multiplier for matchmaking playlists: Double XP playlists are now possible (and will be used).
- Ore Deposits on Minimap: Mining ore that has not been mined will now show up as purple pulsing dots on the minimap. This will help players to obtain the "Working the Land" achievement/trophy.
- Support for upcoming DLC: Demons of the Badlands, our first DLC pack, which will be released on August 13th.
- House Arrest icons now reflect their proper completion status after the last mission is completed.
- Convoy spawning is now fixed after the last mission is completed (previously, some convoys were prevented from spawning).
- Scale of some icons on the full-screen map and minimap has been fixed
- Parties are no longer allowed to matchmake into Anarchy through the "Any Playlist" selection option
- Ties no longer count as losses on the multiplayer leaderboards