Us, we'd like to see more Kane. And more Tim Curry. Still, EA would like to know what all of you would like to see in the next - and possibly final - Command & Conquer game.
To that effect, a survey has been doing the rounds, listing several planned features for the title, and even going so far as to directly reference the name "Command & Conquer 4".
Some of the highlights include:
Command & Conquer 4 allows C&C fans to finally experience the epic conclusion to the 15-year Tiberium saga with innovative RPG-like player progression, persistent in both single player and Multiplayer modes, co-op play, and new stylized, live-action cinematics.
Which of the following features would you like to see in a future version of Command & Conquer?
* Play in the first RTS game with MMORPG like player progression in which you are rewarded every time you play. Every unit you kill in single player, multiplayer, or skirmish gives you experience points that allows you to level up your abilities and unlock new units, powers, and upgrades to your arsenal.
* Play with all new, bigger and badder, units from GDI and Nod, including the Crawler, the first ever mobile base in RTS games
* Play the campaign on your own or tackle it with a friend, as co-operative campaigns return
* Play in epic 5 vs 5 online multiplayer with all new objective-based game modes
* Introducing the first mobile base in RTS games: The Crawler. Focus on the action as the Crawler becomes your all-in-one base, which can be deployed and redeployed anywhere on the battlefield for even more strategic options
* Dive into an all-new story written by a new scriptwriting team and told through trademark C&C cinematics taken to the next level with grittier, stylized FMVs in the vein of Minority Report.
* Play in the first ever class-based C&C game - a new challenge for C&C and RTS players to master.
In other words, "did you like what Relic did with Dawn of War II? Because that's what we're looking at here". I'm a little sceptical about some of that other stuff, too, especially the "first ever mobile base in RTS games" bit (it's not) and the " trademark C&C cinematics taken to the next level with grittier, stylized FMVs" bit (no thanks, we like our cornball).
But hey, it's just a survey. Not a press release, not a product announcement. So don't panic just yet.
Survey Suggests Command & Conquer 4 Details [Shacknews]