Forza 3 will cost you $60. But the Forza 3 Limited Edition will cost you $80. What's jacking the price up by $20 get you? It doesn't look like it gets you much at all.
Those parting with the extra cash will receive:
- a 2GB USB drive and a keychain, both "specially branded" (ie they've got the Forza logo on them)
- "Forza Motorsport VIP Membership", which will "entitle gamers to special treatment at the game's auction house, community storefront, and on the game's official forums."
- 5 cars, "available only through your VIP membership"
- "Exclusive Collector's Edition Car Pack", which is five cars that have been "hand tuned and hand painted by the developers at Turn 10"
- A Forza 3 dashboard theme.
So a couple of cheap trinkets, vague community perks and some in-game cars is worth $20 now? What a world we live in.