IGA Worldwide's in the business of in-game advertising, of course, and the figures it cites are its own. But according to their research, gamers respond to ads a lot more favorably than some would believe.
Their claims, from a promo video IGA recently released
• 90 percent of gamers recalled the brands they had seen in games.
• 84 percent feel the ads they see "fit" within the games.
• 70 percent perceive brands that advertise within games as "innovative."
• 36 percent "Bought or requested information of a product after seeing an in-game ad."
• Gamers spend 8.4 seconds, on average, looking at an in-game advertisement.
You can see the figures for yourself in their video.
IGA Worldwide Video [Youtube via Joystiq]