The 2009 Design, Innovate, Communicate, Entertain Summit has updated its list of speakers, and right at the top of the precariously teetering pile is Valve co-founder and president Gabe Newell.
Newell will be on hand at the 2009 D.I.C.E. Summit to deliver a keynote address, which I presume will have something to do with Valve, Steam, or some combination thereof. The key thing to remember here is that Gabe isn't one to mince words, and his mouth is big enough for both of his feet, as well as the feet of several innocent passersby. Should be a hoot!
“Gabe Newell and Valve have become a force for innovation in gaming over the past a decade, creating some of the best-selling games of all time and a ground-breaking platform for PC entertainment,” said Joseph Olin, president of the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences. “His perspective and vision of the games industry are a welcome addition to this year’s D.I.C.E. Summit, and will greatly contribute to the high-profile line-up.”
Check out the entire updated roster of D.I.C.E. speakers below, all of whom shall say some things while they are there. Possibly things regarding stuff.
• Dan Bilson, THQ.
• Chris Cao, Sony Online Entertainment
• N'Gai Croal, Newsweek
• Michael Denny, Sony Corp. EU
• Anita Frazier, NPD Research
• Julianne Greer, The Escapist
• Lars Gustavsson, D.I.C.E. Studios/EA
• Michael Haigh, SCE Worldwide Studios
• Mona Hamilton, Capcom
• Rich Hilleman, Electronic Arts
• Todd Howard, Bethesda Studios
• Geoff Keighley, Spike TV
• Alex Laurent, LucasArts/ILM
• Ralph Osterhout, Serial Inventor
• David Perry, Acclaim Entertainment
• Ted Price, Insomniac Games
• J. Paul Raines, Gamestop
• John Riccitiello, Electronic Arts
• Seth Schiesel, New York Times
• Bruce Shelley, Ensemble Studios
• Mike Snider, USA Today
• Jun Takeuchi, Capcom
• Chris Taylor, Gas Powered Games